WordPress – Customizing Your Theme
You finally have your WordPress site up and running… congratulations! However, the theme you used has some limitations and you now need to change the appearance of some of the components. If this is the situation you find yourself in, then this WordPress themes class is for you.
This class is for users who want to learn more about how to customize your existing theme, add your own custom CSS, use Child themes, and more. You will use an existing WordPress installation to examine the framework architecture, and add custom code to get you that exact look you need.
Target Student: Students who want to customize a WordPress website.
Performance Based Objectives
- What is a WordPress Theme?
- What customization options does the framework provide to every site?
- Introduction to Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) – the scripting language that controls the appearance and style of your web site
- Applying CSS to a WordPress site
- The hierarchy of elements
- Understanding File Transfer Protocol (FTP) and WordPress
- Creating a Child Theme
- Using the Code Editor for pages and posts
Note: Please note that your instructor will be using a simple, free theme for the class and will not have time to look at every student’s specific website and/or theme. The information you gain from the class will be applicable to any WordPress theme.
If you need advanced customization, it is recommended that you consult with a web development professional and make a backup copy of your site before attempting to edit your website code.
Training Type: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities*. Available for Private or Group Sessions.
*Online student training is offered in a lecture-style format only. Hands-on application not available for online WordPress training.
- Professional Reference Packet
- Free access to CoWorking space on class days (FC Only)
- One month of technical support
- One year for a free re-take (for attended students of public classes only)
- Certificate of Completion
- Classroom equipped with computers
- 6 hours of training
- Breaks are taken throughout each session
- Class size limited
- Target Audience: Intermediate
Terms and Conditions
Please read our Terms and Conditions before you register.
Space Available: 13 seat(s)
Location: Digital Workshop Center - Ft. Collins - View Map
Course Closing Date: 2-25-2018
Instructor(s): David Hayes
Space Available(Online): 4 seat(s)
|Choose Location: Digital Workshop Center - Ft. Collins - Online|
Other 1-ON-1 and Group Training Options
Private Class - Contact us for pricing and schedulingCustom, Hourly Training - Submit a Consulting Request