Data Science Certificate
Learn Python and Data Science concepts to start a new career
The Data Science Certificate is a comprehensive curriculum focused on Python software, working with big data, and visualizing and modeling the results. Working with data experts, you will gain incredible insight into this fast growing, high demand field. One of the fastest growing professions in the US, data science offers many opportunities for you to grow your career and make smarter decisions with your big data.
Data Science Program Schedule
No classes to show
Not finding what you want? Contact us for more info
Inside Our Curriculum
Focus on Real-World Skills
Certificate Programs at Digital Workshop Center are designed to teach how to improve your skills in a real-world setting. DWC’s experiential learning style ensures you will be guided by an expert instructor will performing all of the tasks to help you learn.
The challenges you face in class will mimic what you will need to land a job and improve your daily productivity.
Support & Mentoring
The classes within the Data Science Certificate are offered in an accelerated workshop format.
Your instructor will provide hands-on, experiential style classroom learning for you to learn best practices of applying tech skills in the real-world.
Each class is eligible credit towards a certification program, which includes career counseling and portfolio projects.
Flexible scheduling options allow you to choose what works best for your time.
Why Digital Workshop Center?
of program graduates last year from unemployed to employed.
average increase in salary of certificate program students
career counseling and mentoring services included
Always Live | Hands-On | Small Class Sizes | Expert Instructors | Streaming Online
Launch a high growth, high demand data science career
Essential Career Skills
Companies around the world are storing more data than ever before in order to learn about their customers patterns and behaviors. From online sales to social media trends, there is a vast array of data that is available for companies to learn about consumer trends.
Along with massive amounts of data there is also a growing need for data professionals to understand how to work with and model the insights necessary for a company to learn about their customer base. Data science is a growing field that requires a new set of software tools and skills, combining advanced data analysis, critical thinking, Python programming, and creative problem solving.
Digital Workshop Center has worked closely with data science experts to create a comprehensive curriculum, focused on Python basics, working with big data, and visualizing and modeling the results. Talk to a student advisor to get started in a new career in data science today.
The Data Science Certificate program includes one-on-one mentoring throughout your classroom training, as well as one month of support after the end of each class and one year for a free re-take of the same class.
Programs at DWC also include a Capstone project option for additional one-on-one portfolio building opportunities.
$0 Upfront Tuition Cost Options
Before I was hired my employer was excited to hear that I had lined up a course for web development as it aligned with their needs. After being hired I have been applying my training almost every day to introduce features that make for a more dynamic website, whether for our new one or for our existing one. I now have a better understanding of that world and can reference back to my valued experience I gained at the DWC.
What Skills Will You Learn?
Classes Included in the Data Science Certificate
You must complete all classes below and your Capstone project to earn enough credit towards certification
- 96 class hours are required to complete this certificate program
- Additional hours outside of class will also be assigned.
- Manage your own schedule to complete all of the necessary coursework within this program.
Speak to a student advisor to receive a training plan with a customized program schedule.
Start Your New Career Today With $0 Upfront
Ignite Income Share Agreement
Pay your Data Science Certificate tuition through an income share. You pay nothing until after you graduate and find a job.
DWC Payment Plans
No interest and no monthly fees. 12, 18, and 24-month plans available. $75 one-time administrative fee applicable to all payment plans.
$352/mo (24 months)
$469/mo (18 months)
$704/mo (12 months)
Full Tuition (with package discount)
Pay your full program tuition upfront and receive an additional $200 package discount.
when you pay in full upfront
For U.S. Veterans and their families, DWC programs are eligible for GI Bill education benefit funding.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Frequently Asked Questions
Upon successful completion of the Data Science Certificate program, students will:
- Learn to code with Python software
- Organize and clean up the data
- Identify key features within the data (descriptive statistics)
- Plot data and write functions to perform basic tasks
- Use a basic linear regression model
- Apply data analysis for business purposes (predictive statistics)
- Know practical usage of statistics in business
- Automate repetitive tasks
- Create automated reports
- Problem solving with programming
- Understand basics of optimization
- Understand basics of Machine Learning
- Design a real-world data science project with one-on-one help from a mentor
- One-on-one job search and resume writing assistance with a career coach
IMPORTANT: Required Pre-Class Assignments
Prior to the start of class, each student is required to:
- Get familiar with: https://colab.research.google.
- Score at least 7 correct on the free Python Programming online skills assessment at https://www.datacamp.com/
signal and take a screenshot of your assessment results.
- Score at least 10 correct on: https://pynative.com/basic-
- Be able to complete this and send a link of the completed version to email@example.com: https://colab.research.google.
com/drive/ 10JF18AOJM7itXpc9DFsbP7jvvVO0V UgB?usp=sharing (Note: If you do not already have one, please create a Google account for this class)
Getting Started: Useful Resources
To review statistics concepts, you can watch the following statistics videos by StatQuest with Josh Starmer:
- Histograms, Clearly Explained
- What is a statistical distribution?
- Population Parameters
- The Mean, Variance and Standard Deviation
- Install and Setup for Mac and Windows
- Strings – Working with Textual Data
- Integers and Floats – Working with Numeric Data
- Lists, Tuples, and Sets
- Dictionaries – Working with Key-Value Pairs
- Conditionals and Booleans – If, Else, and Elif Statements
- Loops and Iterations – For/While Loops
- Import Modules and Exploring The Standard Library
If you have any questions on pre-class assignments, please contact DWC administrative staff for help.
When can I start?
See scheduled offerings above.
- Microsoft Excel Level 2 and Microsoft Excel PivotTables and PivotCharts, or equivalent knowledge.
- Students entering this program should have knowledge of basic programming concepts such as variables, functions, and data types.
- It is recommended, but not required, to have experience with applications of programming in a business environment.
- (Important: See below for Pre-Class Assignments required before first class session)
How long is this program?
The Data Science certificate program is scheduled 2-3 times per week over 3-4 months. Total length may vary.
At DWC, each Certificate Program is comprised of the required workshops and a Capstone project. Once you have completed all the necessary course work and Capstone, you will earn your certificate.
Every stand-alone class at DWC includes support and mentoring throughout.
Stand-alone classes within your program also include:
- Professional Textbook(s) or Reference Packet(s)
- Lesson files
- One year for a free re-take (for attended students of public classes only)
- 30 days of technical support
- Certificate of Completion
Certificate Programs & Bootcamps
Each Certificate Program & Bootcamp is comprised of several stand-alone classes, plus additional training specific to your career field, portfolio building with a comprehensive Capstone Project, and career coaching workshops.
Support and mentoring a huge part of all of our full length programs.
Talk to a student advisor to learn more about specific details on each class or program.
Payment & financial aid options
DWC offers several flexible financial aid options to help you finance your education. None of our financial aid tools will require a federal student loan or add severe interest penalties.
Popular financial aid tools include payment plans and Ignite Income Share Agreement.
If you are interested in scholarship opportunities, you must first speak with a student advisor and discsuss eligibility requirements.
Click here to learn more about financial aid options.
What career services do you offer?
For full length programs, support and mentoring is included and you will be eligible to work one-on-one with a career counselor.
Workshops for job search and resume writing are included in the cost of your program. Our expert career advisors will help you prepare for the next steps of your career path. Your success is our success.
Talk to a student advisor to discuss career coaching options today.
Terms & conditions
Please read our Terms and Conditions before you register.