Learn what it takes to properly record and distribute payroll as a professional bookkeeper.
In the Payroll Fundamentals workshop, students will learn what it takes to properly record and distribute payroll as a professional bookkeeper. Taught by QuickBooks Pro Advisors, this class will walk students through the various classifications of employees, best practices for taxes, and recording related payroll expenses properly. Payroll involves a lot of variables to record properly and this class will help you with the job-ready skills to be able to work as a bookkeeper managing payroll today.
Classes at DWC are offered in a bootcamp style, moving at an accelerated pace but in small class sizes. Support and mentoring is a part of all programs at DWC to make sure our students achieve the best career outcome possible.
This class will start with payroll basics but quickly move into learning about complex payroll scenarios. QuickBooks Payroll is a part of the QuickBooks Bookkeeper Certification and is designed for any students looking to advance an administrative or bookkeeping career with the real-world skills needed to be successful. If you are ready to launch your bookkeeper career forward, contact us today to learn more.
Still have questions? Visit our FAQ page for more help.
- 10.5 hours of classroom training | Additional assignments outside of class
- Professional Textbook/Materials
- Download materials with practice data files
- One month of technical support
- One year for a free re-take (for attended students of public classes only)
- Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of the Payroll Fundamentals workshop, students will be able to:
- Business entity types and special payroll rules
- Contractor or Employee or Statutory Employee
- Best practices of fair labor and documenting employee status
- Calculate employee federal and state taxes
- Differentiate between pre-tax and post-tax deductions
- Record and remit voluntary withholdings such as health insurance, retirement accounts
- Tax filings and penalties
- Understand how payroll transactions affect the Income Statement and Balance Sheet
- Comprehensive payroll activity
- Basic digital literacy including file management is required
- Some experience with accounting vocabulary is helpful but not required.
- It is recommended that you have access to QuickBooks online before the start of your first class