TERMS AND CONDITIONS – REFUND POLICY
The following information pertains to policies and procedures of the Digital Workshop Center (DWC) and is approved and regulated by the Colorado Department of Higher Education, Private Occupational School Board. The DWC requests that every student read and abide by the following terms and conditions.
Students not accepted to the school are entitled to all monies paid. Students who cancel this contract by notifying the school within three (3) business days are entitled to a full refund of all tuition and fees paid. Students, who withdraw after three (3) business days, but before the commencement of classes, are entitled to a full refund of all tuition paid except the maximum cancellation charge of $150.00 or 25% of the contract price, whichever is less. In the case of students withdrawing after the commencement of classes, the school will retain a cancellation charge plus a percentage of tuition and fees, which is based on the percentage of contact hours attended, as described in the table below. The refund is based on the official date of termination or withdrawal.
If you would like to cancel or transfer a class, you must send your request in a written notice via email to email@example.com or fill out the ‘Request Cancellation’ form available under ‘My Account’. Transferring/rescheduling a class registration is equivalent to a cancellation and is treated accordingly.
|Student is entitled to upon withdrawal/termination||Refund|
|Within first 10% of program||90% less cancellation charge|
|After 10% but within the first 25% of program||75% less cancellation charge|
|After 25% but within the first 50% of program||50% less cancellation charge|
|After 50% but within the first 75% of program||25% less cancellation charge|
|After 75% (if paid in full, cancellation charge is not applicable)||NO Refund|
- The student may cancel this contract at any time prior to midnight of the third business day after signing this contract.
- All refunds will be made within 30 days from the date of termination. The official date of termination or withdrawal of a student shall be determined in the following manner:
- The date of which the school receives written notice of the student’s intention to discontinue the training program; or
- The date on which the student violates published school policy, which provides for termination.
- Should a student fail to return from an excused leave of absence, the effective date of termination for a student on an extended leave of absence or a leave of absence is the earlier of the date the school determines the student is not returning or the day following the expected return date.
- The student will receive a full refund of tuition and fees paid if the school discontinues a Program/Stand Alone course within a period of time a student could have a reasonably completed it, except that this provision shall not apply in the event the school ceases operation.
- The policy for granting credit for previous training shall not impact the refund policy.
If you understand the refund table above, and would like to submit a request to cancel or re-schedule your class, please click here.
Refund Policy for Employee Training – Exempt Students Only
If an employer is registering students at Digital Workshop Center (DWC) for the training of its employees, then enrollment is considered exempt under the Colorado Division of Private Occupational Schools (DPOS) statute. This exemption is referred to as ‘Employee Training’ at DWC. You can find a list of all acceptable exemptions under DPOS rules here.
To review the full Terms of Conditions for all Employee Training and exempt classes at DWC, click here.
Refund Policy for Residents of Utah
For residents of Utah, view additional refund information here.
Refund Policy for VA Funded Students
To review the full refund and cancellation policy for VA funded student training at DWC, click here.
Refund Policy for courses purchased from CourseHorse
If you purchased your class on CourseHorse, then our Refund & Cancellation policy applies to your purchase. If you are entitled to a refund, or have any questions, please visit the CourseHorse site and contact their customer service team.
Cancellation / Re-scheduling of classes by the DWC
If class enrollment at the DWC does not meet our minimum requirement of students, the class may be canceled or re-scheduled. Participants will be notified prior to the start of scheduled class, typically with at least 2 days (48 hours) of advance notice.
Following our goals of limiting the number of cancellations and/or re-schedules, students may be notified as late as the day before a scheduled class. In the event of a DWC cancellation, a full refund will be available, or the paid balance may be applied toward another upcoming class at the DWC. We never want to cancel a class, but, unfortunately, it does happen.
All applicable refunds will be made within 30 days from the date of cancellation.