Level 1 | Target Audience: Advanced| 4 hours
Once you have completed coursework both in and out of the classroom, it is time to put your skills to the test. For your Capstone Project, you will be assigned a real-world challenge to solve. Working closely with your instructor, you will need to design everything from start to finish. Your instructor is there to guide you all along the way.
Whether beginning in a new field or continuing at your existing job, the goal of your Capstone Project is to prepare you for the next step in your career. The specific project will vary according to the program or bootcamp, your goals, and instructor.
Recent Capstone Examples
Not finding what you want? Contact us for more info
Capstone Projects develop methodologies for solving real-world problems. You will have an opportunity to build your portfolio, solve real-world challenges, and create a comprehensive final test of the skills learned throughout your program.
As you work through your Capstone Project, each session will be an opportunity for you to review your work with your instructor, collect valuable feedback, and continue to build your portfolio.
Your Capstone schedule will be as follows:
- Capstone Meeting 1:
Discuss project scope and next steps
- Capstone Meeting 2:
- Capstone Meeting 3:
- Capstone Meeting 4:
Present finished project
Upon successful completion of your Capstone Project, students will be able to:
- Discuss the requirements and design a project that will help move forward in career goals
- Understand that self-motivated projects strengthen individual processes and problem-solving capabilities
- Identify a company, organization or non-profit to create “assets” in their behalf. Or research a related company for a use case if necessary.
- Work closely with an instructor meet project deadlines
- All coursework for a certificate program must be completed prior to registering for your Capstone Project. See program details for more information.
What a productive class. Valuable knowledge taught in an engaging, easy to follow way. Fast or slow, what made it great was that whatever your pace, your skills were usable immediately. I always left with some new skill to improve my work, some alternate method to try, something tangible and demonstrable to show for the time.
Capstone Project – Student Guidelines
Graphic & Video Design
- Examples of Capstone graphic design projects would be composite graphics, content for marketing, logo or branding design, brochures, complex layouts (print and/or web), web mockup layouts for multiple devices, short pamphlets, or books with multiple chapters or similar
- Examples of Capstone video design projects would be short video promotions, product highlight videos, company “about us” videos or similar
- It is expected that students will need to complete several design assets to satisfy the Capstone Project.
- Upon completion, students are expected to have developed a refined, intelligent, professional body of work using design tools to be able to demonstrate to the instructor for a passing grade
- For Capstone web projects, students are expected to create a functioning, responsive website using the latest authoring tools and practices.
- Students should create a website while building their portfolio, and demonstrating techniques that would lead to employment.
- Upon completion, students are expected to have developed a refined, intelligent, professional body of work using modern web design tools to be able to demonstrate to the instructor for a passing grade
- The digital marketing Capstone project should include a comprehensive marketing plan including, but not limited to, the following:
- Explaining customer/audience//target demographics in detail
- SWOT analysis
- Competitive Advantage
- Mission / Vision
- Customer Lifetime Value
- Customer Voice
- Keyword research for SEO
- Landing page examples with solid content showing keyword strategy and on-page SEO
(which program to use to design this depends on the student)
- Define custom audiences for Social Media
- Write several social media ads and highlight the audience for each
- Traffic predictions and insights for social media advertising campaign
- Design an email marketing campaign
- Keyword research to draft Google Ads
- Incorporate ideas around how Google Analytics will be used to track efforts
- Content marketing / Write an initial blog post using solid keyword research / Create some graphics for digital campaigns
- The digital marketing Capstone project would include a comprehensive marketing plan on behalf of a business, non-profit or similar. Students may find their own business to create a marketing plan on their behalf, instructors may assign, or a business use case may be provided.
- Upon completion, students are expected to have developed a refined, intelligent, professional body of work using modern digital marketing tools to be able to demonstrate to the instructor for a passing grade
- An example of a business administration Capstone includes creating a professional business correspondence for a new work project
- Format the final deliverable using professional standards
- Create a simple budget using Excel
- Type a professional document in Word
- Add logos, images and professional formatting
- Create a presentation in PowerPoint
- Use Outlook to schedule project meetings, add tasks, etc
- In a business administration Capstone, students learn to develop systems and methodologies for solving real-world, pragmatic business administration problems
- The business administration Capstone project would include a comprehensive deilverable on behalf of a business, non-profit or similar. Students may find their own business to create their Capstone on their behalf, instructors may assign, or a business use case may be provided.
- Examples of components of a Blueprint Program Capstone project would be to create a professional letter/document in Word, a budget in Excel, creating appointments/events in Outlook, and a short presentation in PowerPoint.
- Each instructor will work with individual students to customize the Capstone to the student’s goals, learning pace, and skill level.
- The Blueprint Capstone project would include a comprehensive demonstration of basic technology skills on behalf of a business, non-profit or similar. Students may find their own business to create their Capstone on their behalf, instructors may assign, or a business use case may be provided.
- Upon completion, students are expected to have developed a refined, intelligent, professional body of work using modern tools as taught in the Blueprint program to be able to demonstrate to the instructor for a passing grade
When can I start?
Classes are offered on a rolling enrollment basis multiple times throughout the year, typically once per trimester.
Who teaches these classes?
All classes are taught by industry professionals with 10+ years experience in their field. Check the specific class offering to learn more about the assigned instructor for each class.
You may also learn more about our team here.
What format are these classes?
Stand-alone classes at DWC are focused skills workshops that teach in a specific area of a high demand career field.
Often described as a "short course" format, these accelerated workshops can be attended as stand-alone or can be taken as part of a larger certificate program.
Certificate programs offer more comprehensive training to help lead you to empoyment, support & mentoring, portfolio building, and career coaching.
To find out more about DWC's style of training, talk to a student advisor today.
What if the listed schedule doesn't work for me?
Click to request more information on a private class or contact us to discuss your training options.
- 4 hours of 1-on-1 meeting time (four 1-hour meetings), plus additional time to independently complete the project
- One month of technical support
- Certificate of Completion
What career services or internships do you offer?
For full length programs, support and mentoring is included and you will be eligible to work one-on-one with a career counselor.
Workshops for job search and resume writing are included in the cost of your program. Our expert career advisors will help you prepare for the next steps of your career path. Your success is our success.
DWC partners with Parker-Dewey to offer micro-internships to our students. These project-based internships are a great way for students to build real-world experience. Learn more
Talk to a student advisor to discuss career coaching & internship options today.
Payment & financial aid options
DWC offers several flexible financial aid options to help you finance your education. None of our financial aid tools will require a federal student loan or add severe interest penalties.
If you are interested in scholarship opportunities, speak with a student advisor and discsuss eligibility requirements.
Or learn more about flexible payment plan options that fit your monthly budget.
Click here to learn more about financial aid options and get started.
Terms & conditions
Please read our Terms and Conditions before you register.