Three Reasons to Invest in Your Professional Development in 2020!
3 reasons to invest in your professional development in 2020
1. Professional Development Increases Your Industry Expertise
The trouble is that you’re self-taught, and even though you’re skill set is strong, you don’t have a degree or certificate to compete with other applicants. In order to land a Junior Web Developer position like this one, you’ll need to have a certificate program on your resume to show the hiring manager that you’re not only talented, but also motivated and savvy, with industry knowledge. Without a certificate program, you may have trouble securing the job you’re dreaming of.
2. Learn to Adapt
We partner with Loveland Public Library (and the Poudre Library District, starting in January 2020) to provide FREE technology classes to anyone interested.
Classes range from Typing 101, to Microsoft Word, to Excel, as well as Google Apps, Powerpoint, and more!
3. Land Your Dream Job
- Data Science: Companies around the world are inundated with more data – about their customers, trends, supplies, and more – than they’ve ever had before. The most successful companies are the ones that have figured out how to mine and leverage this data. As a data scientist, you’ll have the opportunity to help businesses collect and utilize data to make smart business decisions and increase consumer satisfaction. Learn more about one of the most in-demand jobs in 2020 – data scientist!
- Development: It’s no surprise that with the ever-increasing use and expectations of websites, mobile apps, software, and hardware, there is an abundance of jobs for developers. If you’re interested in coding, website development, or application building – this might just be the career for you to jump-start your professional development goals. Learn more about development opportunities here.
- Graphic Design: Along with the need for more developers comes the need for more graphic designers who can help make the user interface more interesting and appealing to customers. Many experts agree that there are great opportunities for graphic designers in our ever-growing high-tech economy. Learn more about the field of graphic design.
- Digital Marketing: Digital marketing has taken the place of traditional marketing, capitalizing on consumers using digital channels such as websites, social media, and more. There will be plenty of digital marketing careers emerging in the next several years as the field adapts to these changes. As you consider your professional development goals in 2020, be sure to learn more about digital marketing.