Learn about the benefits of excellent design to help your business get noticed
In today’s fast-paced, digital world, graphics and imagery are more important than ever. Having a basic understanding of Graphic Design is a great way to upskill your resume and improve your business’ digital marketing.
To succeed as a graphic designer in today’s competitive job market, you need to be comfortable and proficient with common graphic design software. The Adobe Creative Suite is the industry standard in today’s graphic design market, and some of their most powerful graphic design programs include Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. They are each used for unique aspects of graphic design and together, they are incredibly useful for creating eye-catching graphic designs.
The basis of good graphic design is great photography. With Adobe Photoshop, you edit your photos and create stunning graphics that will enhance your overall designs.
Illustrator is highly-suited for individual images; it allows you to create high-resolution logos and graphics that can be scaled or resized easily. It is perfect for one-off designs that will later be used in larger design projects. Illustrator is the tool to use for logos, web images, and other smaller graphics.
InDesign, on the other hand, provides digital layout tools that are unmatched by any other application. You can create eye-catching print and web media that is sure to grab the attention of your customers. It’s well-suited for brochures, pamphlets, flyers, and the like. You can also easily include logos and other images you’ve created in Illustrator in your InDesign documents.
On both a personal and company level, good graphic design is becoming more and more important. The benefits of possessing comprehensive graphic design skills include:
- Improved Communication: Through great graphics, you will be better able to communicate your company’s unique value proposition and target your audience in a meaningful and memorable way.
- Creativity: As they say, ‘A picture is worth a thousand words!’ Often, you can be so much more creative with pictures than with words.
- Advanced Marketing: High-quality graphics are an integral part of any digital marketing strategy. Your marketing will be more effective and memorable when paired with great design.
- Brand Recognition: By designing a consistent set of distinctive graphics for your brand, people will begin to associate your company with those images. Brand recognition is part of any good marketing strategy and the best way to do this is with stellar graphics.
- Stronger Resume: On a personal note, having graphic design skills on your resume will make you a much stronger candidate and give you a broader landscape of available jobs to apply for.
Whether you’re looking to do more for your company’s marketing or upskill and improve your resume, taking graphic design classes at the Digital Workshop Center, is a great way to learn the basics of the Adobe Creative Suite. Our classes are taught by Adobe certified experts in their respective fields, and offer hands-on attention to get you the training you need to be a great graphic designer.
Classes are taught at a variety of levels to meet you exactly where you are and to give you the graphic design skills you need. Learn more and register for our small, in-person classes in Denver and Fort Collins, Colorado or streaming online from anywhere.