As your business grows and changes, it can be challenging to stay on top of all the tasks your teams need to accomplish in order to succeed. Furthermore, it can be hard to keep everyone in the loop and make sure everyone knows the status of each project. In order to fight this common problem many growing businesses face, some have turned to project management software tools to keep everyone on the same page and keep things moving.
According to Techopedia, project management software has been developed for “project planning, scheduling, resource allocation and change management. It allows project managers (PMs), stakeholders and users to control costs and manage budgeting, quality management and documentation.” It also allows for communication and for detailing where the project is and needs to go. In essence, it’s an online tool to help the entire team stay on task and finish the project on time and on budget.
There are many different project management software tools on the market, each with unique functions, costs, and uses. Depending on the kinds of projects your team needs to track and the budget you have for your project management software tool, there is a great variety of applications available to you.
Project Management Software Tools
Some of the top project management software tools include:
- Trello: The online project management software tool Trello is a highly visual to-do chart that allows users to move project tasks through various stages of completion, leave notes, and assign other users along the way. It’s incredibly intuitive, and users can be added to multiple boards and kept off of others. Many of their features are free, and they even have apps! Trello is a good place to start tracking projects in an online project management setting.
- Basecamp: Basecamp takes it to the next level of project management by helping businesses of all sizes reduce clutter and remove unneeded items from inboxes, and by giving your team a place to collaborate. Basecamp has discussion boards, to-do reminders, file management, activity lists, and much more. It’s great when multiple people work on the same project and time is crucial.
- Asana: Asana is another detailed project management tool that is designed to help businesses track projects from start to finish. It helps you map out each step and track who is doing what. This system allows for hundreds of integrations so your email, time tracking, and nearly everything else your team needs to be successful are all in one place. It has many of the same features as other project management software tools but is best suited for visually minded users.
- Teamwork: Teamwork is another detailed project management software tool that focuses on productivity by intuitively tracking time spent on each project, the percentage of completion, and priority. It’s a good project management software tool for large businesses needing to track projects.
There are a lot of other project management software tools available online. Check them out to see what features will work best for your company, and don’t be afraid to take advantage of their free trials to get a good feel for what works best for your needs.
The benefits of utilizing one of these project management software tools include:
- Accountability: Using project management software tools keeps the whole team accountable and on task. You can see exactly where the project is and who needs to tackle the next step.
- Follow-through: Project management software tools help keep the project on task and make sure the team follows through and finishes.
- Communication: By centralizing all of the tasks and communication relating to a project, you can streamline communication and increase efficiency.
Investing in a project management software tool will help your team get more done and stay on task. It will also reduce communication frustrations and help your business excel. Stay tuned to the Digital Workshop Center blog for more helpful tips, and check out our class list to help you and your team learn additional computer skills and programs to do even more.