Portrait Photography for Beginners Class
Categories: Digital Photography Classes
Learn the art behind photographing people in Portrait Photography for Beginners
In our Portrait Photography for Beginners class you will get an introduction to the art of photographing people. Learning from a local expert, students will practice necessary techniques for photographing people both in studio and on location.
Learn about a range of topics including posing and interacting with your subject, building rapport, equipment choice, use of natural light and strobes and environmental portrait setup. Practicing with both in studio and outdoor portrait settings students will gain confidence in flattering their subjects.
Portrait Photography for Beginners students will also discuss retouching tools and procedures and at the end of class students will have the opportunity for constructive critique of their images from the instructor.
Upon successful completion of the Portrait Photography for Beginners class, students will be able to:
- Effectively use camera equipment to compose and capture a portrait
- Comfortably put subjects in a complimentary pose
- Setup a variety of studio lighting configurations
- Use natural light, open shade and fill flash in several outdoor portrait settings
- Take advantage of essential Adobe Photoshop tools to process and retouch portraits.
- Target student: Beginner to intermediate
- Computers & software provided in class
- Class size limited
What to Bring
- – DSLR camera with a fully charged battery
- – Support hardware i.e. lenses, manuals or card readers may be beneficial but not required
Instructor led, group paced with limited class size, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities the ability to practice in an indoor and outdoor setting. Available for Private or Group Sessions.
Terms & Conditions
Please read our Terms and Conditions before you register.