In Portrait Photography, you will learn an introduction to the art of photographing people. Students will learn both studio and on-location techniques.
Topics will include subject posing, subject rapport, equipment choice, natural light use, strobe use and environmental portrait setup. Digital retouching tools will also be discussed. Students will have the opportunity for constructive critique of their images from the instructor.
Upon successful completion of this Portrait Photography class, students will be able to:
- Use camera equipment to effectively compose and capture a portrait.
- Pose subjects in a comfortable, complimentary fashion.
- Setup a variety of studio lighting configurations.
- Use natural light, open shade and fill flash in several outdoor portrait settings.
- Depict subjects in compelling environments.
- Take advantage of essential Adobe Photoshop tools to process and retouch portraits.
What Should I Bring to my Photography Class?
Students are encouraged to bring their own DSLR camera for hands-on application of the topics covered. Support hardware may also be beneficial but not required.
Every DSLR camera differs slightly in where the settings and controls are located. It is likely that the instructor will not be able to review each individual DSLR camera. If you recently purchased your camera, we recommend you familiarize yourself with the settings and controls before the start of class.
Pre-requisite: Intro to DSLR Photography Level 1 or equivalent knowledge.
Training Type: Instructor led, private, one-on-one, student-paced learning model with structured hands-on activities. Available for Private or Group Sessions.
- Professional Reference Packet
- Free access to CoWorking space on class days (FC Only)
- One month of technical support
- One year for a free re-take (for attended students of public classes only)
- Certificate of Completion
- 3 hours of training
- Breaks are taken throughout each session
- Class size limited
- Target Audience: Beginner
Terms and Conditions
Please read our Terms and Conditions before you register.
Space Available: 1 seat(s)
Location: Digital Workshop Center - Ft. Collins - View Map
Course Closing Date: 3-27-2018
Instructor(s): Josh Hardin
|Choose Location: Digital Workshop Center - Ft. Collins|
Other 1-ON-1 and Group Training Options
Private Class - Contact us for pricing and schedulingCustom, Hourly Training - Submit a Consulting Request