Web Design with HTML and CSS Class
Learn the core languages of the web in Web Design with HTML & CSS
If you are ready to learn the languages of all web pages, and move toward a better career, then our Web Design with HTML and CSS class is right for you! This class will start you down the path of becoming a junior level web developer. Full stack and frontend web development begins with the HTML and CSS languages, and you will be guided from the beginning in a hands-on, small class setting by our expert instructors.
In the first part of Web Design with HTML and CSS, you will begin by examining the basics of foundational web technology and create your own functional web pages using the latest specification of Hypertext Markup Language (HTML5). In addition, you will learn how to incorporate style information into your pages using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS3).
Next, you will learn how to create modern web layouts using the latest web development concepts. By the end of this course, you will possess the skills and abilities to make a successful website that will stand out from the crowd and attract visitors.
Last, you will use advanced CSS positioning techniques to improve the site’s layout and design, focusing on the latest additions to the CSS3 specification including shadowing, gradients, and much more.
Web Design with HTML and CSS is a first step for anyone looking to add valuable skills to our resume or be able to manage a web based project of your own. With so many career paths looking for HTML & CSS skills, let us help you get started with the necessary training today!
Upon successful completion of the Web Design with HTML and CSS class, students will be able to:
- HTML and CSS basic terminology
- Create a functional web page using HTML5 and CSS3
- Create a basic webpage layout
- Structure content
- Apply styles to your page
- Navigate through your site by creating hyper-links
- Design and develop an advanced webpage
- Create intriguing, modern layouts using “div” and “span” tags
- Use advanced CSS techniques and shortcuts
- Incorporate Metadata and Multimedia
- Validate your web page’s code
- Create advanced styles and page layouts using CSS positioning
- Learn the latest CSS3 features including shadows, gradients
- Work with HTML tables
- Optimize a website for accessibility & search engines
- Publish a website
- Learn how to use the browser inspect tools (i.e. Mozilla’s Firebug)
- 21 hours of classroom training | Additional coursework outside of class will be assigned
- Professional Textbook
- Download materials with practice examples
- Free access to CoWorking space on class days (FC Only)
- One month of technical support
- One year for a free re-take (for attended students of public classes only)
- Certificate of Completion
- Target student: Beginner
- Project based assignments and coursework
- Computer & software provided in class
- Class size limited
Certificate Programs & Bootcamps
Terms & Conditions
Available Public Classes
Space Available: 4 seat(s)
Location: Digital Workshop Center - Ft. Collins - View Map
Classroom: Community Room
Course Closing Date: 7-07-2018
Instructor(s): Christine Stone
Live Online classes
Space Available(Online): 4 seat(s)
|Choose Location: Digital Workshop Center - Ft. Collins - Online|
Available Private Training
Digital Workshop Center offers each class in a private, one-on-one format. Private training may be scheduled around your availability and customized to your specific needs.
Consulting allows you to work one on one with your instructor, but does not follow a class curriculum.
If the public class schedule above is not ideal, please choose from the following options: