I am a proud Michigan-der by birth. My lopsided career has allowed me to travel to almost every state in the US and I have fallen in love with the incredible breath and beauty of it.
I have worked in the IT world since before there was “dial-up” (which means well before - the Internet!)
Long story short:
- Decade 1: I started out with in corporate with a data entry job, then moved on to be a IT Business Analyst, UI Tester, and Traveling Trainer.
- Decade 2: In corporate law as a project coordinator in DevOps, a HelpDesk Analyst, and software integration trainer.
- Decade 3: Finally, (and most fun) in education as a CIS Instructor at a local Community College. I specialize in Basic Digital Literacy, G-Suite, and MS Office.
Whether you are new to computers or need a refresher on the newest innovations, I am ready to move you closer to your goals.
In the end, I’m a people person and love being able to help folks use this wonderful, frustrating, scary, exciting tool called the computer. I enjoy the challenges and opportunities that this field offers. Never a boring moment.
Outside the classroom, I like to get overly involved with repairs to the family’s 110-year-old house. I like to hike the beautiful parklands that surround Oakland. I also like to:
- Listen to music – All Kinds - Music Unites!
- Bottle jam and jelly while the fruit is fresh!
- Have an evening chat with a friend or family (no tech interruptions allowed) just to check on their day and maybe even share a laugh.