Digital Workshop Center Trade School

Digital Workshop Center celebrates 15 year anniversary

A message from Stu Crair, DWC’s Founder and Training Director 

“Fifteen years ago, I had an idea that I could help people learn tech skills in a different way than the traditional higher education model. I didn’t know where this idea would take me. But, as the business started to really flourish and we were helping more people get back to work, I knew that this was what I needed to be doing.

Where we are today as an occupational school is a culmination of so much hard work by our amazing staff, instructors, and the support of the DWC community. Thank you all for your continued support of our mission to help people learn tech skills and advance their careers. The measurable impact we have had on our students in recent years has just been incredible and humbling. And, with the mounting job losses from the pandemic, our job has been more important than ever to help people retrain and upskill so that they can get back to meaningful employment. I look forward to continuing to strengthen the workforce talent pipeline in our community for another 15 years!”

Sincerely,

11 year

Training Director & Founder

Stu Crair - Digital Workshop Center 15 Years

Press Release (07/22/2021)

Remington Street in Fort Collins is not what most people think of first when they consider a bustling center of higher education in the US.  Especially, not when you compared to the campus areas in Northern Colorado that house major universities including Colorado State University and Front Range Community College, both with sprawling land areas that continue to grow year over year.  However, sitting just one block away from Old Town Fort Collins is the Digital Workshop Center, an online technology school that continues to have a major impact in the education community, and growing to reach more students every day. 

Established in 2006, Digital Workshop Center, or DWC, is a vocational school focused on technology careers and professional development.  Founded and headquartered in Fort Collins, DWC has grown from a small business providing training to local residents to an occupational school working across 11 states in the U.S. and growing.  Workforce Centers, Offices of Vocational Rehabilitation, and Veterans Education programs have established partnerships with DWC as a way to help participants get back to work.

DWC celebrates 15 year anniversary

Certifications are available for graphic design, web development, UX design, digital marketing, business administration, video production, project management, and data science.  Each certification provides higher education real world skills training that leads towards an industry recognized credential and help shape an individual’s career path towards employment.  Program benefits include mentorship from expert instructors, group and individual training, continuous support, and career counseling.

In summer of 2021, Digital Workshop Center is celebrating their 15-year anniversary as an occupational school.  Over those 15 years, DWC has seen an average of 80% of its certificate program students go from unemployed to full-time employment, according to student exit surveys.  Students have also reported an average increase in salary of over $19k after graduation from their programs.

DWC was founded by Stu Crair who continues to serve in the role of Training Director.  When asked to reflect on their 15-year milestone, Mr. Crair said “the measurable impact we have had on our students in recent years has just been incredible and humbling. And, with the mounting job losses from the pandemic, our job has been more important than ever to help people retrain and upskill so that they can get back to meaningful employment.”

In recent years, Digital Workshop Center has added more programs on both ends of the technology skills spectrum, ranging from basic digital literacy to advanced data science.  Each prospective student meets with a student advisor, and is provided a custom, individual training plan towards employment.  In 2020, DWC also launched the Tech Skills Scholarship to assist those affected by the pandemic.  To date, DWC has awarded over $50k in scholarship funds to its student population.

Stu Crair - Training Director

This year, DWC expects to begin operations in Texas and California, working with those Workforce Center partners to provide online, distance education to help individuals get back to work.  “We have never been this busy and seeing record numbers in terms of enrollment, but we continue to stay true to our roots in terms of small class sizes, mentoring, and support for every student.  I started this school out of my house, and I always want students to have that personal relationship with their instructors and get the attention they deserve in order to grow their career.”

For more information on Digital Workshop Center certification programs, visit their website or call 970-980-8091 for more information.

Ready to talk to an advisor?