Ruby On Rails Class
Categories: Web Design Classes
Take your web framework to the next level with our Ruby on Rails class
Completing the Ruby on Rails course at Digital Workshop Center will give you the skills needed to develop and deploy a Ruby on Rails application. You will learn the major components of the Ruby on Rails frameworks and get hands on, practical examples that can be applied to your own application.
In addition, this course will cover current industry practices and provide helpful resources for furthering your Ruby on Rails education. The course is comprised of 35 hours of classroom instruction, with approximately 70-100 hours of independent study. Each student will be asked to complete a portfolio project as a showcase of their new Ruby on Rails knowledge.
Upon successful completion of our Ruby on Rails class, students will be able to:
- Describe MVC (Model-View-Controller) and how its used in a web framework
- Use Agile development techniques
- Describe testing and it’s importance as a developer
- Build their own Rails 4 application using industry standard tools and techniques
- Deploy their application on the web
- Target student: Advanced
- Coursework may be assigned outside of class
- Computer & software provided in class
- Class size limited
* Students should expect approximately 70-100 hours of independent study and critical thinking work outside of class. Instructors will be available for mentorship and answering questions during the enrollment period.