DSLR Photography In the Field
Ready to capture earths natural beauty? Wildflowers, lush trees, blue sky…you get the picture. Grab your camera and join us in a unique DSLR Photography In the Field class that combines classroom learning with real-life practice in a gorgeous natural setting.
DSLR Photography In the Field is a one-day class that will cover the basics of composition, natural light, exposure, equipment choice and filters for both color and black & white methods. Discussion topics will include digital post-processing tools, guidelines for approaching wildlife and “leave no trace” ethics.
As an “In the Field” photo workshop, part of this course will take place in nature, at a local park or natural area. Digital Workshop Center’s expert instructor will lead students through an easy nature walk, giving photo “assignments” and techniques for students to try throughout the duration of the walk. Students will also have an opportunity to participate in an instructor-led, constructive critique at the end of the nature walk.
Performance Based Objectives
Upon successful completion of DSLR Photography In the Field, students will be able to:
- Compose and capture photographs of a variety of natural scenes.
- Recognize and take advantage of optimal natural lighting.
- Plan a nature or travel photography-oriented excursion.
- Choose and use camera equipment for several types of situations.
- Minimize impact on wildlife and ecosystems.
- Process RAW nature images in Photoshop.
- Imagine creative, unconventional possibilities for nature photographs.
Location: Digital Workshop Center and off-site (Lee Martinez Park, Fossil Creek Park and/or Lory State Park). Class will begin at Digital Workshop Center.
What Should I Bring?:
- DSLR camera (with fully charged battery). Support hardware may also be beneficial but not required. If you recently purchased your camera, we recommend you familiarize yourself with the settings and controls before the start of class.
- Proper attire/items for weather – comfortable walking shoes or boots, jacket, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, etc. Class will not be cancelled due to weather unless the conditions make it unsafe or unproductive to begin or continue. It is recommended that you come prepared for any and all weather conditions.
- Sack lunch. Additional water and snacks will be provided by Digital Workshop Center.
- Participants will need to provide their own transportation to and from locations. Carpooling is encouraged.
- Participants should be in good physical condition. Some locations may require miles of walking and occasionally over uneven terrain. For any concerns in that regard, contact us.
- Participants should be comfortable carrying and utilizing photographic equipment over uneven terrain.
- All participants in this class must sign a Consent Agreement and Release Form, which will be handed out before class starts.
Target Student: This course is designed for beginning to intermediate photographers with Digital SLR (DSLR) cameras.
Pre-requisites: DSLR Photography Level 1 or equivalent knowledge. This workshop will spend some time covering the basics, but will launch quickly into specified tips and tricks used for nature photography.
Instructor: Joshua Hardin, a professional photographer specializing in capturing Colorado’s breathtaking natural imagery. Take a look at his book of exquisite natural landscapes and animals, Classic Colorado, here.
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities and the ability to practice newly learned skills in a beautiful outdoor setting.
- Professional Reference Packet
- Free access to CoWorking space on class days (FC Only)
- One month of technical support. Students will be able to email up to 10 of their photos from the day to the instructor, who will offer an honest critique and tips for improving their work.
- One year for a free re-take (for attended students of public classes only)
- Certificate of Completion
- 7 hours of training
- Breaks are taken throughout each session
- Class size limited
- Target Audience: Intermediate
Terms and Conditions
Please read our Terms and Conditions before you register.
Space Available: 15 seat(s)
Location: Digital Workshop Center - Ft. Collins - View Map
Course Closing Date: 2-22-2018
Instructor(s): Josh Hardin
|Choose Location: Digital Workshop Center - Ft. Collins|
Other 1-ON-1 and Group Training Options
Private Class - Contact us for pricing and schedulingCustom, Hourly Training - Submit a Consulting Request