Trade School in Utah – Exciting Careers to Research.
The statistics of growth are impressive:
- According to Utah government data, in 2018, the state was the 3rd fastest-growing in the nation. And projections would reinforce that, from 2010 to 2030, the state’s population could grow in number by over 39% to approximately 3.9 million.
- At an average age of 31 years old, Utah’s population is the one of the youngest in the United States, according to the Economic Development Corporation of Utah (EDCUtah).
- From 2008 to 2018, the state’s exported goods increased in value by 39% to $14.4 billion, according to the Office of the United States Trade Representative.
- The Utah Department of Workforce Services approximates that about 228,380 job openings could become open every year in Utah from 2016 to 2026.
- The majority of the population lives in Salt Lake City, Weber, Utah, and Davis counties.
As a trade school in Utah, Digital Workshop Center provides certifications in high demand, high growth careers. Focusing on jobs in Utah, we have compiled 3 of the most dynamic opportunities for job growth in the state.
1. Digital Marketing
Digital marketing careers in Utah would include a combination of marketing strategy and digital skills. Marketing professionals need to understand marketing channels like search engines, pay-per-click ads, analytics, and more.
To learn more about getting started with certification in digital marketing, talk to an advisor today.
2. Graphic Design
Most graphic design careers are going to start with expertise in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. In addition, you need to understand the principles and elements of design fluently to be able to speak to clients and your teammates in a consistent language.
Starting a new career in graphic design in Utah means you need to build your skills. A certificate in graphic design is a great way to validate to employers that you have the skills they are hiring for. However, a portfolio is ultimately going to be the most important way to show off your skills to others. When ready, consider building a portfolio website or using a service like Adobe Behance to showcase your work.
According to 99designs.com, graphic designers earn a median average of $57,000 in the U.S. This dynamic career field is growing not only in Utah, but all across the U.S.
If you want to discuss career options in Utah for graphic design, sign up to speak to a student advisor today.
3. Data Science
Data Science combines skills in statistics, Python programming, and machine learning to analyze large data sets and answer difficult questions for business decisions. With so much data available today, data scientists help to make sense of it all and find some intelligent answers in the data.
Of all the careers in Utah, data science is also one of the most lucrative. According to Indeed,com, “The average base salary for a data scientist in Utah is $105,928 per year. Salary estimates are based on 23 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by data scientist employees, users, and collected from past and present job posts on Indeed in the past 36 months.”
The first steps towards a new career
Earning a certificate is a wonderful way to validate to employers that you are prepared to tackle the challenges of your new field.
DWC offers several financial aid options to consider as well. Income Share Agreements, Scholarships, and Payment Plans are ways that we help our students finance their education easily.
To learn more, schedule a time to speak with a student advisor for free and learn what will work best for your financial situation.