Intro to Design Fundamentals
Introduction to Design Fundamentals is an orientation to digital design with emphasis on the history and the basic principles of digital design using key computer graphics tools. Having the vernacular, knowledge and skill to execute a creative vision is critical to a project’s success especially for roles ranging from project managers to production designers.
This class is essential for all students looking to be successful in the design world. While many of our other classes at DWC teach you the technical skills of the newest design programs, this class focuses on design principles to ensure that you understand how to answer the most important question of all: “what is good design?“.
Taught by local graphic designers, Introduction to Design Fundamentals is one of our most popular classes to help you stay on top of design trends and apply them to your digital projects.
Class Objective: You will use analog and digital tools to apply design elements to a composition using solid design principles. You will explore examples of good and bad design, and learn to critique designs with industry standard terminology in order to develop your eye for effective design.
Target Student: This is an introductory course designed for those who have little or no experience with Adobe Creative tools, or for those who have experience with the Adobe tools but wish to develop a better eye for effective design.
Upon successful completion of this design fundamentals class, students will be able to:
- Use analog and digital tools to apply design elements to a composition using solid design principles.
- Learn to effectively receive and deliver critique with the goal of improving a design’s ability to communicate visually to its audience.
Pre-requisite: Introduction to Computers or equivalent knowledge.
Course Materials: No. 2 Pencils (optional)
Training Type: Instructor led, hands-on, intensive classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities. Available for Private or Group Sessions.
- Professional Textbook
- Free access to CoWorking space on class days (FC Only)
- One month of technical support
- One year for a free re-take (for attended students of public classes only)
- Certificate of Completion
- Classroom equipped with computers and software
- 7 hours of training
- Additional coursework to be completed outside of class time may be assigned
- Breaks are taken throughout each session
- Class size limited
- Target Audience: Beginner
Terms and Conditions
Please read our Terms and Conditions before you register.
Space Available: 14 seat(s)
Course Closing Date: 4-01-2017
Location: Digital Workshop Center - Ft. Collins - View Map
Instructor(s): Brian Wilke
Space Available: 16 seat(s)
Course Closing Date: 3-27-2017
Instructor(s): Brian Wilke
Other 1-ON-1 and Group Training Options
Private Class - Contact us for pricing and schedulingCustom, Hourly Training - Submit a Consulting Request